Job Description - Software Development Manager (19000PGA)Preferred QualificationsWe are Cloud Solutions and part of Oracle Applications Labs, the team that builds and runs Oracle's corporate systems. We have two missions: show case Oracle Cloud OCI and PAAS through internal systems development that run in our public Cloud.
In Cloud Solutions, we build the core subscription and customer management systems for all of our Cloud customers and revenue. We use all the latest modern web technologies, for mobile and desktop, from React to Solr to Java, all running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, to provide the best Cloud customer experience possible.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again.
Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
We are 100+ member global team of product managers, software engineers, scrum masters, test engineers and development operations professionals practicing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to build cutting edge cloud web technologies while providing every team member autonomy, mastery and purpose to achieve their absolute best.
We value bottoms up, member driven agile teams; we focus on working software that helps our customers succeed; we encourage risk taking and innovation time to inspire leaps in design and productivity; above all else, we value productivity, autonomy and fulfillment of our team members so that they can achieve their full potential, and beyond.
Join us and thrive!
What Cloud Solutions Needs:
Cloud Solutions team is looking for an ambitious, talented, energetic, and self-motivated software development manager for Oracle Cloud Solution Applications (CSA). Our team is a driven development organization, developing the applications that support all Subscription Billing and Customer engagement to the Cloud.
Jill Hulme, Director of Strategic Initiatives Marketing, overcame the impossible and transformed into a triathlete. She applies her fearlessness and determination to #LifeatOracle
In this role you will be immersed in and exposed to complex systems and their integration as Oracle cloud subscription data travels to multiple systems from its inception. Your role is to enable internal and external customers to manage the lifecycle of their cloud subscriptions. The team is building the application to process and manage Big Data for Oracle cloud subscriptions and you will be key to this effort. The CSA application processes the majority of the Oracle cloud subscriptions revenue.
• Build up a top performer team of highly motivated engineers.
• Lead a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
• Work collaboratively following the organization's vision.
• Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
• Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of the desired products
• Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
• Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
• Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
• Have high and strict quality standards to ensure consistency of initial design
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers worldwide
• Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
• Approve the final product before launch
• Comfortable presenting, communicating and interacting with executives within and outside of the organization
· 6+ years of experience building and leading development teams that design and deliver highly reliable and scalable systems
· 3+ years of direct people leadership experience
· Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Experience building Cloud Applications using Java technologies (Spring, JPA, Hibernate, etc)
· Experience working with microservices and building performance driven APIs
· Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture
· Experience delivering features with continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD)
· Knowledge of mobile development using native or hybrid languages
· Understanding of software quality assurance principles
· A technical mindset with great attention to detail
· High quality organizational and leadership skills
· Must be adaptable, flexible, organized and work well in both a local and a global team environment
· Must have a strong drive for success
· BS or equivalent in computer science/engineering or relevant field. MS or equivalent in computer science/engineering will be desired.
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsManage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc. As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture. Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Job Description - System Administrator 4-IT (19000NYB)Preferred QualificationsFrom Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for [...]
Job Description - Programmer Analyst 3-IT (19000PRH)Preferred QualificationsFrom Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for h [...]
Job Description - Programmer Analyst 3-IT (19000PRL)Preferred QualificationsFrom Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for h [...]
Job Description - Programmer Analyst 3-IT (19000PRE)Preferred QualificationsFrom Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for h [...]