Ciudad de México
Serves as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and has ownership of technicalsupport for a designated customer base.
Provides consulting service to customers on building,maintaining, and upgrading systems to meet customer needs. Applies creative problem- solvingtechniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keeping the customer aware ofevery step along the way.
Analyzes customer configurations, uses initiative and advises on potentialpitfalls that a customer may experience using existing or planned methods and suggests alternativesthat may better serve the stability of the customer’s solution.
Proposes and implements systemenhancements (software and hardware updates)
that will improve the performance and reliability ofthe system.
Solves customer's technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server,applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues.
This rolemay be on call 24x7x365 and is the premier role of Fanatical Support.
- Owns the technical support for the customer base; tracks issues, ensures resolution at the appropriate level.
- Ensures customers receive a Fanatical Support experience.
- Understands customer configurations and analyzes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Collaborates with customer to proactively address weaknesses and opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to provide support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service issues and OS level issues.
- Receives and resolves issues escalated from lower level admins.
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above an beyond their expectations.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, emergency escalations, etc.
- Meet pre-agreed personal and team targets, based around volume and quality of work (to include but not limited to issue ownership, ticket volume, and hours logged)
- Work to an agreed standard, to ensure we minimize customer’s downtime and credit memos
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of ticket resolution
- Advanced knowledge of servers / computer hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, including diagnostics with UNIX tools.
- Expert working knowledge of Linux OS.
- Expert knowledge of network fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant web services, mail, MBU, Linux and monitoring applications.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL.
- Drive to continually expand knowledge in the areas of new technological developments and trends.
- Attention to detail in documenting information and ability to show ownership of follow through in customer resolutions.
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, bi-lingual skills a plus.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders at various business levels.
- Requires a high school diploma / GED AND 4-6 years system administration experience requiring expert level OS knowledge and advanced knowledge of Apache, MySQL, PhP;
including a minimum of 2+ years web hosting experience.
- Experience requiring a strong knowledge of storage clustering.
- Familiarity with Rackspace tools, systems and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Linux+, RHCSA, and RHCE certifications preferred.
- Advanced english is a must
About Rackspace Technology We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies across applications, data and security to deliver end-to-end solutions.
We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future.
Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent.
Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal : to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission.
We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe.
We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Linux Customer Success Systems Engineer Mexico - Mexico City / All Jobs All Jobs / Full - TimeApply for this jobServes as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and has ownership o [...]
Linux Customer Success Systems EngineerMexico - Mexico City /All Jobs – All Jobs /Full - TimeApply for this jobServes as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and has ownership o [...]
Windows Customer Success Systems Engineer Mexico - Mexico City / Operations Global Technical Support / Full - TimeApply for this jobServes as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure [...]
Windows Customer Success Systems EngineerMexico - Mexico City /Operations – Global Technical Support /Full - TimeApply for this jobServes as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure [...]