In this role you will be the expert in engineering and manufacturing of plastic parts, supporting our production facilities in US, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil when implementing new products and optimizing existing ones.
You will be the technical interface towards our network of suppliers for procuring molding tools and plastic parts.
- Develop technical specifications to design and quote plastic molds, both thermosetting and thermoplastic.
- Support in creating and maintaining a network of partners for plastic parts and molding tools. Evaluate and select suppliers, assess their manufacturing capabilities, their services, and their quotations.
- Evaluate and approve plastic molds.
Perform capacity analysis and life cycle studies.
- Establish strong relationship with suppliers and provide technical support. Collaborate when launching new products, optimizing existing production, improving quality, and decreasing costs.
- Lead validation activities of both thermoplastic and thermosetting molds and the parts produced, working with all stakeholders, including Production and Quality departments.
- Collaborate in projects for developing new products, improving existing products and transferring production
- Purchasing equipment and tools, doing profitability analysis, selecting suppliers, and working on quotations.
- Ensure maintenance plans for equipment and tools are implemented.
- Define and monitor product cost during the whole product life cycle.
- Advocate for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting near misses and / or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Bachelor's Degree or above with major in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a plastic mold manufacturing, engineering, or related setting.
- Experience in 2d / 3d modeling tools, simulation tool in MoldFlow.
- Ability to read, interpret, and edit technical drawings.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in SAP and all Microsoft office software.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing process improvements tools.
- Fluent in English. Spanish is a plus.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
In this role you will be the expert in engineering and manufacturing of plastic parts, supporting our production facilities in US, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil when implementing new products and op [...]
Date: Jan 13, 2022 Location: Ramos, Mexico Company: Plastic Omnium Profile: - Engineering Degree, Mechanical preferred. - 3+ years of experience in Design or Engineering. - 2+ years of experi [...]
Profile : - Engineering Degree, Mechanical preferred. ·3+ years of experience in Design or Engineering. ·2+ years of experience in Design of exterior / interior automotive plastic components. - Kno [...]
Job Number: 27143 Group: Magna Powertrain Division: E-Drive NA Job Type: Permanent/Regular Location: Ramos Group Introduction Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, clean [...]