Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn’t driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day.
And it’s producing extraordinary results not only for our customers, but also for our employees.
We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
What will you do?
Our Software Development Engineer provides software development support by analyzing business requirements to design and develop appropriate systems solutions according to specifications.
They provide technical expertise in evaluating, designing, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost effective and improve work efficiency.
Additionally, the Software Development Engineer partners with Enterprise and Solution Architects to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements
Your primary responsibilities will include :
- Analyze and translate business requirements and acceptance criteria into functional and non-function system requirements
- Design reliable / scalable / reusable / future-proof technical solutions to the business requirements / specifications / acceptance criteria and can effectively present your technical solutions to the review board in the format of POC or flow diagrams.
- Write technical design documents when needed and document complex solutions to share with your peers
- Develop and maintain new and existing functionality on enterprise Salesforce platform applications. This includes but is not limited to : creating front-end Aura and / or LWC components and backend custom objects with or without Apex code;
building custom UI based on UX designs developed in various UX design tools such as Figma and Invision
- Integrate Salesforce with other internal or external applications which can be hosted on-premises or in the cloud
- Understand the Salesforce development best practices and knows when to use out-of-the-box functionalities / capabilities and when to use the customized approaches in solving a business requirement
- Manage CI / CD build and release pipelines. Resolve code deployment issues of lower environments and code conflict in the local development environment or the remote repo.
- Contribute to the scrum team by involving in Grooming / Planning / Retrospective / Scrum meetings, especially providing consistent and reliable LOE estimate
- Work with the enterprise architects and the solution architects to design a technical solution that meets the company’s service level standard, security requirement and minimizes the dependency of the upstream teams and the impact to the downstream teams
- Work with the product owner to understand the acceptance criteria and provide alternatives to any unattainable asks
- Partner with Site Reliability Engineers to deliver code to the higher environments (Stage and Production)
- Provide production support
- Provide onboarding assistance to new team members
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong skills in communicating with different roles in a scrum team.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce Community applications. Expert understanding in Salesforce data security model and working experience in setting up data security via configuration and coding alike
- Strong knowledge and working experience in object-oriented programming such as Java / Apex. Understand when to use configuration and when to use custom code
Familiarity working with Accessibility WCAG 2.0 standards.
Understand the relational database in general and the Salesforce data model in particular. Masterful in using SOQL and SOSL.
Experience in using the developer console, workbench, Heroku, Postman, and other development tools
- Demonstrate knowledge of CI / CD process with working experience of building CI / CD build and release pipelines
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Working experience in using test case management and reporting tools such as ADO or testing suite applications
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What will we look for on your resume?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce and Salesforce Community development
- 5+ years of Development experience in SFDC
- Salesforce Certifications in : Administrator, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer II
- Experience with databases and basic SQL skills required
- Experience multiple software development methodologies / lifecycles required
- Good programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following : Java, C#, Python
- Java development skills desirable
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become part of a company that’s on the leading edge of transformation. And because we know that a more diverse F5 is a more powerful F5, we’re looking for smart, talented, determined individuals to join us.
If you make thoughtful decisions quickly, obsess over your customers’ needs, take ownership of your work (the mistakes as well as the successes), and embrace different perspectives by putting the human first, then we want to talk to you.
We offer work / life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity / paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards / recognition, and so much more.
At F5, we truly do help each other thrive and it shows : F5 has been named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine for the past two years.
And this commitment to living our culture doesn’t just exist within our offices; it extends into our communities through Global Good initiatives such as employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation.
Our employees are passionate about making a difference in the world.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Software Development Engineer III Identity Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world! Why do you want to join our team? F5 lea [...]
Software Development Engineer III API & Cloud Integrations Job DescriptionLife at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of futur [...]
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world! Why do you want to join our team? F5 leads the market in building products to mak [...]
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!Why do you want to join our team?F5 leads the market in building products to make ev [...]