Internal Corning Employees are provided the opportunity to review global job openings for potential interest. However, they are encouraged to do so with the understanding that whether or not they will be considered a candidate for positions located outside their geographic area (city, country, region) will depend on a number of factors such as the availability of local subject matter expertise or qualified talent, the need to obtain and availability of work authorization, costs associated with internal transfer, etc. It will be the decision of the hiring organization whether to permit employees applying outside the local area where the opening exists to be considered a candidate for that opening.
It is recommended employees wishing to apply for job openings at Corning make their supervisor aware of their interest before formally applying.
Sr. Product Development Engineer
Scope of Position . Senior Level Product Development Engineer focused on advanced innovation. Responsible for the generation of successful engineering solutions for Optical Fiber New Products. Evaluation of the use of new components, Conducting experiments, Fabrication of prototypes, Product Testing, Creation of Design Engineering Documents and defining Product Specifications and Process Requirements.
Main Responsibilities .
1. Deploy Engineering solutions for Optical Fiber Products, aligned with the current products and processes.
2. Coordinate with Manufacturing Support Teams to identify manufacturing line’s requirements to support new product initiatives.
3. Validate additions to Manufacturing Processes, to ensure product integrity.
4. Coordinate and lead Manufacturing builds ( Pilot and Pre-Production builds ).
5. Request and Coordinate the required Product Testing per Telcordia Standards for Fiber Optics.
6. Troubleshooting for testing failures and proposal of solution alternatives, thru the use of Problem Solving Methodologies, based on Fundamental Understanding, Scientific Method, Critical Thinking and Statistical Approach.
7. Coordinate with Manufacturing, Quality and Safety Support Teams to develop the documents that are mandatory within the Product Introduction Process.
8. Define Process Requirements and Quality Control Criteria.
9. Lead and train manufacturing and local team members to ensure the successful construction and testing of Pilot and Pre-Production units.
10. Actively participate in securing and utilizing VOC in New Product Development Process.
11. Actively support and periodically coordinate and lead Product Team Meetings with Product Line Managers, Technology, Manufacturing, Quality and Safety departments.
12. Be the mentor for Jr Engineers, Engineers and Interns.
13. Work with Local Process Experts and Global Subject Matter Experts on New Product or Processes Advisory needs.
14. Document all new ideas for patent submission or ID creation.
15. Contribute and participate in Internal and External Audits, such as: ISO, TL 9000, 5's, AME, Safety, among others.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering. ( Major in Mechanics, Electro-Mechanics, Mechatronics or Optical is preferred ).
• Master degree in Engineering Management or Master of Science in Project Management is desirable. Work Experience.
• 5 to 8 years of Industry Related Experience ( Product, Design, Manufacturing , New Product Introduction ).
• Product Development and/or NPI experience is desirable. • Laboratory Testing Procedures experience is desirable. Required Skills.
• Strong background in manufacturing processes.
• Proactive approach to Problem Solving.
• Familiar with Fiber Optics Fundamentals.
• Demonstrated experience in design for manufacturability with the ability to lead teams thru complex problems.
• Demonstrated skill in researching, analyzing and making recommendations related to problems solving.
• Capable of performing data analysis using MS excel (SPC), or Minitab software.
• Experience using Project Management Tools and Procedures.
• Knowledge of Product Data Management , ECO and Product Development Processes.
• Demonstrated ability to operate in ambiguous environments with minimal or no supervision.
• Skilled in written and oral communication with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work individually or collaboratively in cross functional and cross cultural teams.
• Demonstrated skill to develop effective presentations ( at all levels ) within the organization.
• Knowledge of safety standards and practices to ensure employee’s safety while implementing new product processes.
• Effective handling of multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Leadership skills.
• Self motivated.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications: MS Project,Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Proficient English user. Desired Skills
• Design of Products and/or Manufacturing Processes using CAD software ( Pro Engineer. Solid Works, AutoCAd, Catia ).
• Positive attitude, flexible and good work ethic.
• 6 Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Descripción En Elektra buscamos gente talentosa y te invita formar parte de su equipo de trabajo como Asesor de ventas REQUISITOS: Experiencia en Ventas o atención al cliente Actitud de servic [...]
Descripción PRÉSTAMOS PROMEJORA!!!!! Nos encontramos en búsqueda de gente comprometida, con gran actitud de servicio, extrovertida, con gran presencia, que sepa trabajar en equipo orientado a res [...]
Location: Reynosa, TAM, MX, 88730 Company: Corning Internal Corning Employees are provided the opportunity to review global job openings for potential interest. However, they are encouraged to do [...]
Location: Reynosa, TAM, MX, 88718 Company: Corning Internal Corning Employees are provided the opportunity to review global job openings for potential interest. However, they are encouraged to do [...]