What do you get to do in this position?
- Act as a contributor to project teams, utilizing individual knowledge in component development within your expertise (Steel or Plastic depending on your expertise)
- Work directly with Design team to optimize the part design early in the design process
- Use standardized processes to conduct manufacturability study assessing critical characteristics, risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Actively engaged in cross functional Maturity Level drawing review with project team
- Continuously participate to the prototype tooling strategy and supply base to meet the needs of New Product Development quick action tooling
- Utilize standardized processes for conducting financial assessment on the tooling size, cost and capacity output based on unit volume forecasts and return on capital employed
- Ensure the consistency and application of Schneider Electric global standards for tool design and establishment of production process
- Ensure the accurate forecasting and management of Operating and Capital expense requirements from project start to final asset transfer
- Develop target part cost estimate based on costing models and work with Purchasing to leverage negotiations with external supply base
- Protect Schneider Electric via thorough review of terms and conditions for tooling/parts suppliers
- Responsible to drive processes and suppliers to ensure the availability of parts is aligned with project schedule through direct work with the Project Industrial Leader
- Responsible to actively participate / lead tool design reviews, tool schedule, and tool approval. As well as the part qualification and process validation process while optimizing the performance
- Responsible to obtain plant acceptance and provide the final sign-off on tool and process
- Ensure compliance of all documentation in alignment with the global processes
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- 4 year Engineering or appropriate technical degree
- 10+ years of experience in tooling development, molding, stamping, sheet metal tool and/or process
- Experience in a new product development environment for fabricated part development
- Creo (ProE) or Solidworks
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural project team: Technical, Purchasing, Industrialization, Marketing, Quality on projects lasting one to three years and will ensure the link with the operations facility (participation in design and peer reviews for concept selection)
- Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to influence and convince through negotiation. Examples of previous leadership activities.
- Motivated self-starter, who able to work in parallel on multiple projects
- Work with minimal supervision
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us:
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Company Description Expeditors is a Fortune 500 service-based logistics company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, USA. At Expeditors, we generate highly optimized and customized supply chain [...]
Distribuidores master de las marcas líderes Meritor, Eaton y Conmet en México. Contamos con más de 20 años de experiencia en la comercialización, marketing y soporte de refacciones para cami [...]
DIFRENOSA, empresa especializada en vehículos de carga, comerciales y camiones solicita: ALMACENISTA con experiencia en Refacciones de camiones y vehículos de carga de la marca CUMMINS, NAVISTA [...]
· Escolaridad: Mínimo bachillerato concluido o secundaria con experiencia en ventas · Experiencia: 1 año en posición similar./ VENTAS, COBRANZA, TRABAJO EN CAMPO, FACILIDAD DE PALABRA. · [...]