JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
To process and handle ocean import shipments for our customers, ensuring the highest quality standards and providing service solutions meeting or exceeding our customer’s requirements and company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and best practices.
- Receive and track customer bookings/orders.
Send shipping instructions overseas according to customer instructions or established SOP’s.
- Follow the guidelines specified by the company’s business process team.
- Process Customs Entries, i.e. classify invoice, file RLF entries, and enter electronic invoices.
- Own the process for FDA related entries.
- Review and prepare documentation with accuracy on every detail and aspect, not limited to but including Customs classification, I.T. number, commercial invoices, details, etc.
- Check Customs release details and ensure any discrepancies are handled properly.
- Transmit payment of Customs duties as needed.
- Manage exceptions with involved parties and customer.
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence.
- Coordination of entry and break bulk shipments.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
- Answer all customer requests in accordance with our company standards and guidelines.
- Monitor closely any shipments moving on an I.T. and provide release, payment and delivery instructions within the allotted free time.
- Collect any COD monies owed before arranging delivery to the customer.
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions.
- Ensure highest level of data quality by processing the shipment accurately.
- Provide accurate job costing forecast - Ensure all payables, receivables and accruals are set and properly managed per company rules and guidelines.
- Work with vendors and overseas offices to dispute any incorrect payables at the earliest opportunity to maintain accurate accounting.
- Bill/Invoice each file to the respective customers paying close attention to payment terms for the responsible party.
- Assure that Original Bill of Lading requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Dispatch freight for delivery, maintaining communication with trucker throughout delivery.
- Confirm POD for each shipment and updating our system with POD information.
- Assist Sales, Department Manager and Colleagues in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Assure that file contains all necessary documents as set by company standards and filed promptly in appropriate location.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of US customs laws, practices and procedures
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a “direct threat” to the health or safety of self or others
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors
**EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE**:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in imports or combination of education and expertise required
- Experience and knowledge regarding import entry procedures, compliance, rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of First Port of Arrival (FPOA) entry processes is preferred
- FDA experience preferred
- Knowledge of Importer Security Filing (ISF) preferred
- Good working knowledge of OGA transactions preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to_ %) required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds. This position requires employee to frequently work in a fluid, fast paced environment.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Esta vacante viene de la bolsa de empleo Talenteca.com Logicbus, empresa especializada en el area de automatizacion, control y pruebas, nos encontramos en busqueda de Gerente Administrativo. Par [...]
Esta vacante viene de la bolsa de empleo Talenteca.com Perfil - Lic. en Desarrollo de Negocios, Administración de Empresas y Finanzas o afín - Maestría - Inglés avanzado (deseable un [...]
TotalEnergies es una amplia empresa de energía que produce y comercializa combustibles, gas natural y electricidad. Con 100.000 empleados comprometidos con una mejor energía que sea más asequible, [...]
Descripción del empleo Ubicación: GUadalajara, Jal. 1.- Principales responsabilidades del puesto: a) Coordinar los estudios científicos particulares para la calificación, validación y verifica [...]