Regional Marketing Manager
Academic, Governmental and Corporate Accounts
Your new challenge!
Are you the experienced Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) who knows how to target customers in a challenging and creative way, do you understand and like to uncover new marketing channels and are you passionate about marketing? Then our vacancy can be your next challenge! This position is based in Mexico.
Within the Latin Sales team the Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing marketing and engagement programs to position our extensive portfolio of research content, tools, data analytics, and software solutions in the Academic, Government and Corporate segment,
while simultaneously progressing Elsevier’s goal of being a trusted partner in the research ecosystem. As a marketing lead, the RMM handles the creation and execution of field-level engagement campaigns with the aim to drive the value perception of Elsevier in the territory. He/she will develop and execute a field marketing plan in close alignment with the Regional Marketing Director and the Regional Account Director. This plan includes a broad marketing mix for the territory including on-site events, digital campaigns and public relation projects.
Your customers are Researchers, Librarians and Research Leaders at Academic & Corporate Research institutes.
The ideal candidate should therefore possess enthusiasm for science and understand marketing for the researcher and academic audiences. Knowledge of scientific research, trends in higher education and technology platforms is important to the role.
The product portfolio
You are responsible for the marketing of the full range of Research Solutions, including the Core product portfolio (Science Direct, Scopus,) as well as the Research Intelligence, Life Sciences and Engineering portfolios.
You will be joining Elsevier, a leader in information and analytics for customers across the global research and health ecosystems.
The Regional Marketing Manager will be a member of the Latin America regional sales team and will work closely together with the other Marketing Managers in the broader Europe, Middle East & Latin America region and the central Marketing team. You will be reporting to the Regional Marketing Director based in Amsterdam
- Develop and execute on the territory – and account based marketing plan for Northern Latin America in partnership and alignment with Sales and Central Marketing to drive collaborative efforts in retention and growth marketing
- Align and contribute to Go-to-Market (GTM) plan in the region for segment and solution business.
- Maintain a rich & innovative channel mix: on-site events, webinars, Social Media, e-mail, digital advertising, PR and more.
- Expand and strengthen customer network at key strategic customers
- Network and liaise with local press agents to ensure corporate news is properly circulated to the media
- Ensure all regional marketing activities and results are effectively communicated to sales and other stakeholders. Includes delivering a coordinated (calendar) overview of regional activities.
- Develop deep insights on all segments, adjacent markets, and growth opportunities in the region. Leverage these insights to create strategies and plans for regional business.
- Develop and maintain metrics to track regional marketing activity results and outcomes
- Ensure optimal allocation of assigned regional marketing budget and ensure an effective spend of the budget against targets for the region.
What you should bring
- Experience in account-based engagement or ABM
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and development of value propositions for B2B businesses
- University Degree preferred in Marketing
- Very strong communication skills both written and spoken in English
- Good understanding of domain and customer segment
- Experience in working in an international matrix organization
- Excellent networking skills and relationship management, understanding customer needs and views
- Self-starter and creative hands on mentality
- Skilled in project management, organized, and high attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- This job requires frequent travelling to diverse locations within the Latin Region (20%).
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Elsevier’s benefits are very competitive.
Various social responsibility programs, channeling knowledge and strengths to help communities around the world improve education, science, and healthcare and protect the environment.
Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. Please be aware that we request references and a copy of your diploma in the offer stage.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your technical experience to drive our Engineering team using industry best practices in a world-class company? We are hiring 100+ Software Engineers i [...]
Software Engineer – Engineering Team Are you passionate about the chance to bring your technical experience to drive our Engineering team using industry best practices in a world-class comp [...]
Estamos buscando talento! Ven y demuestra tu talento a la mejor empresa de software de facturación en la nube Factura.com. Trabajarás en un entorno de soluciones innovadoras para nuestros clientes [...]