We all need energy.
It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day.
We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Business Development department is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Mexico to represent the Company and be responsible for building and reinforcing relationships to deliver our growth objectives. Other priorities include: tracking and analyzing trends, managing and reporting business risks, and contributing to the development of TC Energía’s annual business plan and long-term strategy
We are looking for our Business Development Representative who will drive the identification and realization of growth opportunities that promote our vision of being the premier North American energy infrastructure company for our key stakeholders.
- Identify near and long-term BD opportunities by gathering market intelligence from multiple data sources, creating a database and roster of BD opportunities
- Create marketing and networking plans to identify, contact and growth qualify leads
- Represent the Company with external clients to identify opportunities and enhance TC’s presence amongst key stakeholders; build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Advance BD prospects by identifying customer needs and providing customer solutions that fit the Company’s risk reward targets and obtain sanctioning from TC’s appropriate governing bodies
- Develop project execution plans and oversee the development of BD prospecting materials; Serve as project manager for BD initiatives, coordinating and synthesizing information required for project bids and to advance commercial discussions through decision stage gates
- Support the management of TC’s joint ventures
- Negotiate complex commercial terms and agreements with conditions that enable positive final investment decisions, minimize project execution risks, and limit TC Energía’s risk exposure; closely evaluate prospective project risks and identify practical mitigation measures
- Play a role in TC’s innovation initiatives; work to realize new growth platforms
- Lead the review and refresh TC Energía’s BD strategy and business plan, providing input into the Company’s annual business plan and long-term strategy
- Exceptional research and analytical skills; proven ability to synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data into digestible, compelling insights and presentations for senior audiences
- Strong, innate ability to anticipate/foresee potential commercial/project risks with the ability to identify effective mitigation measures
- Outgoing, polished personality who can cultivate trust and exert influence without authority
- Proven negotiation skills with tact to identify and achieve win-win outcomes
- Outstanding critical thinking skills with creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish with proven ability to convey complex information by forming narratives that resonate with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate and consolidate multiple information sources efficiently and in a well-organized manner
- A fast learner who can connect multiple concepts to identify opportunities and resolve issues/risks.
- Shows strong tenacity, initiative, time management, flexibility and work planning skills in a fast-paced setting
- Bachelor’s degree(s) in social sciences (i.e. economics, political science, history) or finance paired with an advanced degree (i.e. Law, MBA, M.A., M.SC) providing broad-based, critical thinking skillset
- 5 years of experience in a field where client engagement/interaction is paramount
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint with ability to structure a compelling narrative with appropriate and appealing visual representations
- Familiar with commercial agreements and legal precedents, particularly related to permitting, land and community stakeholder issues
- Strong preference given to candidates with experience in client-based professional services (i.e. management consulting, investment banking, legal services)
- Candidates with a background in natural gas pipeline BD prospecting would be considered an asset
- Understanding of energy sector including supply and demand, emerging technology, and policy/regulation/law with ability to relate developments to local Mexican BD prospects
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Applications Developer 3-21000MGI Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Preferred Qualifications Oracle Applications Labs (OAL) runs the Oracle softwa [...]
Return to job searchPrintable FormatJob Description - Integration Developer (21000FEE)Job DescriptionAll over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join ou [...]
Integration Developer-21000FE0 Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English, Spanish Preferred Qualifications Are you excited by solving complex problems and [...]
Applications Developer for Higher Education-21000OKG Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications The rol [...]