The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression,
join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Head of Telecoms America.
HSBC’s Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) manages IT infrastructure critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres networks, branch and campus voice and data networks, network perimeter security and cloud connectivity, international MPLS backbone, contact centre infrastructure, ATMs, Desktops and other devices.
Within IT Infrastructure Delivery, Telecommunication Services provide technology products covering networks, security, voice, video, contact centre, trade floor, media recording and speech analytics.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in a key leadership role as the Head of Telecommunication Services, Americas. The role will lead and manage the provision of all Telecommunications services across all countries of operation within the Americas region, as part of our global technology model, including but not limited to Canada, US, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Own relationships with business and technology stakeholders to design, deliver and operate services which utilize appropriate infrastructure solutions, while ensuring they are efficient, cost optimal and highly resilient.
- Ensuring compliance with country/regional regulations, ownership of risk and audit, and regional regulator engagement
- Drive the implementation of DevOps, disciplined Agile, and automation to efficiently deliver products and services
- Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity
- Develop Cloud based platforms and deliver infrastructure “as a Service” by working with business and other DevOps teams
- Determine the strategic direction and execute in each of the Technology areas under their Service responsibility
- Support the definition of global engineering standards
- Deliver provisioning service for new infrastructure environments to development teams
- Ensure service quality targets are met for offered platform services
- Business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities
- Liaison with local HR, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Finance and Procurement
- Local ownership of budget and approval flow, and local vendor relationships (as required)
- In-country and regional people management, including coaching and mentoring
- Relationship management with local Businesses and Functions, to ensure effective collaboration with global Telecommunications platforms, and point of escalation
- Local service ownership is likely to be required by country/regional CIOs
- Communicating global requirements to ensure met with local IT, and regular engagement and collaboration with wider Country/Regional Managers
- Strong depth and breadth of technology knowledge, with direct experience of Telecommunications Services preferred
- Ability to demonstrate transformational leadership to support a transition into Agile/DevOps practice, and uplifting organizational delivery capability
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a focus on building consultative relationships, and collaborating directly with a variety of customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority (business, development, compliance, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to influence, lead and drive teams to deliver
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely, suitable for all levels across the HSBC group
- Gravitas and ability to interact with and coach senior executives, including Country and Regional CIOs
Skills / Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Management level experience of 10+ years
- Advanced English language required
- Flexible and adaptable to changing activities, schedules and work loads
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple projects through an organized and process oriented approach
- Respectful of different cultures, and experience of working with colleagues from across the globe
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
NUEVA VACANTE LABORATORIOS SAN ANGEL 2 TECNICOS LABORATORISTAS CLINICOS PARA RECEPCION DE MUESTRAS BIOLOGICAS EN LCE (LABORATORIO CENTRAL DE EPIDEMIOLOGIA) - Indispensable tener 1 año de experienc [...]
EMPRESA IMPORTANTE EN LA INSTALACIÓN DE EQUIPOS CONTRA INCENDIOS SOLICITA TECNICO CON EXPERIENCIA MÍNIMA DE 1 AÑO. Conocimientos en: Sistemas de Alarma y detección de humo (Paneles de control No [...]
¡¡Importante empresa Farmacéutica solicita!! $10,000 Mensuales + Prestaciones de ley Ofrecemos: Vales de despensa y servicio de comedor. Requisitos: -Experiencia INDISPENSABLE en la industria [...]
GEPP empresa de desarrollo de portafolio de marcas líderes con presencia a nivel nacional y más de 40,000 colaboradores, te invita a formar parte de su gran familia: CAJERO LIQUIDADOR Zona de trab [...]