Querétaro de Arteaga
The Mexico In Country Tax and Treasury Head is a Sr. Manager role which will take the lead of the Tax area and will lead as well the Treasury area.
This role, drives the tax & treasury functional agenda to bring synergies, efficiencies through In Country Treasury Centers and deploy and drive tax & treasury strategy. Is the single point of contact for Business Units, Corporate Tax teams for providing tax & treasuryexpertise to implement appropriate tax & treasury policies and procedures ensuring good governance and controls. Is responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day tax & treasury activities for all Mars business units (MarsWrigley, Mars PetNutrition) across all segments in the Mexico Market.
Ensuring that Business Units meet their treasury & tax obligations and objectives (e.g., tax compliance & reporting, tax controversies, transfer pricing and tax planning). The In Country Tax & Treasury Head manages relationship with Tax Advisors, Tax Authorities, Strategic & Preferred Banking Partners and any other service providers.
What are we looking for:
- University Degree/ Bachelor’s degree with additional professional tax/accounting/treasury qualification required. Master degree in Tax/ Accounting / treasury is a plus.
- 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in Tax in Multinational Companies - CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods).
- Prior experience with a Big 4 in Tax is a definite a plus.
- 3 years of experience managing direct reports.
- High learning agility to learn banking, regulatory & tax legislations to preempt any business impact.
- Fluent in local language and English.
What will be your responsibilities?
Tax Policy & Procedures: Develop, implement, manage and enhance local tax policy, standard operational procedures, process and systems used for tax returns preparation and reporting and monitoring of related compliance.
Tax Compliance & Reporting
- Ensure tax calculation and payments on time of all Tax related requests in the market, including direct and indirect taxes at all level (National, Provinces, Municipalities).
- Ensure preparation of accurate tax computations in a timely manner to comply with statutory reporting (including corporate income tax, VAT, Customs duties and other similar taxes) and management reporting (including GAM, FIN48, A32, Transfer Pricing Data Collection Package).
Tax Controversy & Transfer Pricing
- At all times, follow the Principle of Mutuality in engaging with both internal (Markets, Business Units, Global Tax teams) and external stakeholders (PwC, Tax Authorities)
- Ensure Global Tax Teams are informed on a timely manner of any notice for tax assessment or audit.
- Ensure coordination between Business Units, Global tax teams and PwC tax (local and US) prior to engaging with Tax Authorities on tax assessments or audits.
- Determine tax planning opportunities to optimize taxes in coordination with Global Tax Planning and M&A; Tax Team.
- Implement tax planning measures as determined above and ensure robust documentation is in place to support tax defense
Treasury Strategy, Policy & Procedures
- Drive and develop local Treasury strategy in line with corporate policies.
- Develop, implement, manage and enhance local treasury policy, standard operational procedures, process and systems used for treasury administration.
Bank Relationship Management
- Developing & maintaining relationships with the local branches of Strategic/Preferred banks, including regular bank meetings along with Business Units and participation in the Annual Bank Review meetings.
- Collaborate with Global Treasury and Business Units for RFI/RFP from Banks and participation in RFP review meetings.
Working Capital Management
- Ensure working capital at business units is managed in accordance with the Finance Manual including optimizing inventory, timely collection of receivables and payments to vendors including intercompany affiliates.
- Provide early notification to Global Treasury for any financing requests.
- Provide treasury and tax recommendation on the financing taking into account applicable corporate and tax regulations.
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance
- Ensure fully and timely compliance with PCI related process and reporting needs
- Be the link with key stakeholders (Global PCI team, Regional Staff Officer / Segment CFO, etc) to ensure local units process compliance
What can you expect from Mars?
- Our unique culture guided by our Five Principles have made us one of the best places to work in Mexico.
- We are a global family company.
- Our associates build their careers by working with our amazing brands and people, taking pride in their work today to ensure a better tomorrow.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
- Se solicitan Ejecutivos de Call Center turno Vespertino para Ventas Requisitos: - Género Indistinto - Edad 20 a 60 años - Escolaridad secundaria o bachillerato terminado - Experien [...]
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our persona [...]
EJECUTIVO DE VENTAS DE AUTOMOVILES EXPERIENCIA EN VENTA DE AUTOS SEMINUEVOS MINIMA DE 2 AÑOS MANEJO DE P.C. NEGOCIACION ORDENADO Y RESPONSABLE Fecha de inicio prevista: 19/4/2021 Tipo de puesto [...]
Additional Work Location(s) :None Position Summary: Ensure that the Quality Systems is being followed. Coordinate the team under their responsibility to achieve the follow to the system. Superviso [...]