There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments,
including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Responsible for operationally executing and supporting from Product Costing and Inventory perspective:
- Monthly closing and reporting as per US GAAP
- Product Line Profitability and Variance Analysis as per US GAAP
- Annual closing as per US GAAP
- Propose Journal Entries based on financial information
- Compliance with GM Corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
- Support internal and external audits
- Interacts with internal/external related parties (impacted Business Units, Global Controller’s Team, Global Finance Teams, Global Systems Teams, etc.)
- Has a strong focus on process improvements to drive quality accounting and compliance
- Frequent contact with others outside of work group, including various Business Unit(s) functions and management/directors, to accomplish tasks and resolve issues
- Participation in Special Projects (including LEAN/Six Sigma activities) - eventual leader of such projects
- Responsible for the day- to-day product costing, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Supports the activities of forecast, budget, and long-term plan by supplying Actuals information to other GBS teams and BU functions such as Operations Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Global Supply Chain, Product Development, etc.
- Research, analyze, and explain variances on month-on-month, year-on-year, prior-to-current of Actuals information.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Prepare costing and profitability analysis for management decision-making process when business needs.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of the Company’s operational, production, and trade flows.
- Provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting & analysis related to vehicle costing and contribution margin of various product lines of Business unit(s) assigned.
- Investigate and report to the direct supervisor any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Identify non-value added processes within the team and seek solutions.
Additional Job Description
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX /Internal Control Requirements – additionally, continue to attend trainings on these topics to remain adequately informed and knowledgeable
- Working knowledge of SAP and costing systems, as necessary for the role (WPCS - Worldwide Product Costing System, MGO – Material Global Optimization, GPS – Global Purchasing System and other GM systems as required for the assigned position). Systems and level of knowledge necessary will vary – employee must be willing to continuously learn the GM systems landscape and functionality.
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Client Service Mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works effectively with remote colleagues via various communication channels
- Research accounting and costing issues and prescribe appropriate resolution
- Ability to pursue open issues to resolution
- High level of analytical ability to solve unusual and difficult issues
- Works effectively with others and as part of a team
Important note: day to mid
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Posted 2 Days Ago
We are leading the change to make our world better, safer and more equitable for all through our actions and how we behave. Learn more about:
Our diverse team of employees bring their collective passion for engineering, technology and design to deliver on our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for adventure-seekers and imaginative thought leaders to help us transform mobility.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Develops, implements and utilizes processes and tools to enable the sales life-cycle (pricing, orders, invoicing, opportunity assessment, field inventory management and other sales pipeline analytics [...]
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world. [...]
About GM There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors. To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who [...]
Senior Financial Analyst - 006EU2 Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst for our Plant 6 in Apodaca. Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape indust [...]