Marriott International, Inc.
Sales Manager – Leisure Tour&Travel;
Provides total account management for assigned leisure and T&T; accounts. Executes the overall account strategy for assigned leisure and T&T; accounts to generate and maximize business for the properties represented in the market sales. Applies the principles of strategic account management. Partners with Sales and Marketing leadership, and the property Leadership team, to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from assigned leisure and T&T; accounts. As a Sales Account Leisure & T&T; Manager, develops strong partnerships with leisure and T&T; buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for the Mexico Market Sales properties.
Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient, extended stay, leisure for MMS properties. Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing transient, opportunities for a targeted portfolio of assigned leisure & T&T; accounts. Develops and maintains the overall account strategy and how to best execute the strategy to maximize revenues from the account. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Represent proactively all hotels of Mexico Market Sales portfolio. Provide service to customers in order to grow share of the accounts on behalf of the company. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures leads are turned over properly and in a timely manner for proper follow up.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the leisure and T&T; sales and marketing, event services or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Leisure and T&T; Markets & Maximizing Revenue
· Develops and implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts.
· Retains, expands and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
· Penetrates assigned accounts for transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and other sales business.
· Identifies and aggressively solicits new accounts in coordination with any relevant Sales and Marketing colleagues and Above Property Sales.
· Develops and implements strategic sales plans .
· Builds and strengthens Accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
· Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts.
· Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
· Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices.
· Promotes accountability to drive superior business results.
· Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Leadership. Develop and achieve operating budgets and manage controllable expenses.
· Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and respond with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
· Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
· Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc).
Conducting Daily Sales Activities
· Executes sales strategy to achieve luxury properties goals.
· Maintains current business Accounts for new business within accounts.
· Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
· Includes successful execution of Sales strategies and business processes.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Establishes and maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data each account in Opera Sales and Catering to ensure accurate reporting.
· Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
· Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard Basics of the Day).
· Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
Building Successful Relationships
· Collaborates and engages third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
· Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
· Leverages Above Property Sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation , pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
· Develops a close working Account with Operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
· Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Acts as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities.
· Resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a Account and loyalty to the business.
· Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels, as required.
· Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
o Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
o Sales Implementations - Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Posting Date Feb 19, 2021 Job Number 21013504 Job Category Sales & Marketing Location Mexico City Office, Ejercito Nacional No. 350 Suite 4C, Mexico City, MÉX, Mexico VIEW ON MAP Brand Marri [...]
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discov [...]
JOB SUMMARY Sales Manager – Luxury Account Provides total account management for assigned luxury accounts. Executes the overall account strategy for assigned luxury accounts to generate and maximi [...]
Posting Date Feb 19, 2021 Job Number 21013520 Job Category Sales & Marketing Location Mexico City Office, Ejercito Nacional No. 350 Suite 4C, Mexico City, MÉX, Mexico VIEW ON MAP Brand Marrio [...]