3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The person hired for the position of Global Network Monitoring Analyst will be part of a collaborative Lean Agile Network & Telecom Service Delivery team with both a global and geographical focus. Operating to a Scrum Agile framework to proactively monitor services and technologies and drive continuous improvement, the person hired will work closely with other team members across the globe and 3M’s managed service partners.
Deliver valuable business outcomes with a focus on operational availability and performance of network and telecom solutions across 3M’s global estate.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor 3M’s network and telecoms systems and technologies utilizing a range of 3M tools including but not limited to Riverbed NetIM, NetProfiler, VeloCloud Orchestrator, Zscaler reporting portal, Cisco Prime etc.
- Monitor 3M’s network and telecoms systems and technologies utilizing a range of vendor tools and monitoring portals including, but not limited to OBS, CenturyLink, BT, Verizon etc.
- Troubleshoot technologies and systems to aid the triage and resolution of incidents utilizing 3M’s ITSM system and incident and problem management processes
- Maintain and administer monitoring tools to ensure accurate data representation and functionality as required to deliver proactive monitoring capability
- Participate in shift rotation to provide 24x7 follow the sun coverage across the 3 GSC globally
- Understand and operate within a Lean Agile continuous deployment and improvement environment
- Engage, liaise and maintain close working relationship and effective communications with other 3M groups including but not limited to GOCC (Global Operations Command Center), Area IT Service Desks, GNTS Service Delivery, GNTS Engineering & Standards, GNTS Foundational Network Services, GNTS PMO, area and regional IT systems infrastructure teams
- Maintain and broaden skills/expertise in different technology areas, stay in touch with changing technologies
- Identify and implement process improvements that will add value and improve business outcomes for 3M businesses and site globally
- Must read, write, understand and speak fluent English as 3M’s core language of business
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution AND minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Strong focus and attention to detail
- Interest and ability to investigate, analyze and trouble shoot technical anomalies
- Good communication skills (in English)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s O365 tools including Outlook, Teams, Excel, SharePoint as an end user)
- Able to operate autonomously and independently while under pressure
- Awareness of ITIL principles
- Willing to working weekends and holidays
- Additional languages would be beneficial to the applicant’s interactions with other regional groups (e.g. Japanese, Mandarin)
- Broad knowledge of telecom and network technology portfolio
- Experience working in a network and telecom environment
- Experience using monitoring solutions such as Riverbed, Solarwinds etc.
- Experience using 3M’s ITSM system (known as HP Service management suite now branded Microfocus)
- Experience of using Jira, 3M’s agile work management tool
- Working understanding and experience of Scrum and agile framework principles
- Good ITIL knowledge and foundation certification
- Strong organization, collaboration and team working skills to delivery strongly within the Lean Agile team
- Good Microsoft Office skills (O365 including Visio)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, offering solutions and recommendations, not just challenges and problems
- Ability to transcend from proactive monitoring and triage to troubleshooting and incident resolution
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Posted 30+ Days Ago
At 3M we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily as our employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to global challenges at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
As a Accounting Financial Analyst - Latin America your duties may include: - Supervise local accounting activities incl. annual closing, local balance sheet and to steer external providers. - Coor [...]
Are you experienced within fiscal and legal matters? Would you like to work with Latin American region? If your answer is yes, come and see what we have to offer! As a Accounting Financial Analyst - [...]
Thank you for your interest in Scotiabank! Our group has a strong commitment to promoting a workplace where you feel supported by your supervisors, so that you ensure your success and also of each [...]
IT Security Analyst 3 (JoinOCI) - 20000SLO Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages English Preferred Qualifications SECURITY ANALYST/MALWARE INCIDENT RESPONSE Securit [...]