About Quona Capital
- Quona Capital is the largest venture capital investment firm dedicated to promoting “fintech for inclusion” in emerging markets. We invest in early stage financial technology companies and embedded finance opportunities across Latin America, Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and MENA. The firm was formed with a simple idea technology has the power to radically improve the quality, access and affordability of financial services for underserved consumers and businesses; we invest in disruptive innovations to create a more financially inclusive world.
- Quona was established in 2015 and today operates with over USD 350 million in assets under management (AUM), 35+ investments across three portfolios,
and a global team operating in Washington, DC and in the markets in which we invest. Our investments in Latin America include iconic fintech startups that have scaled rapidly, such as Creditas, Neon, and Konfio. To learn more, check out our portfolio companies and meet the team at www.quona.com.
- We are looking for a high-performing Analyst to join Quona’s Latin America investment team. The role will be based out of Mexico City (with flexibility for a remote start).
- Support the investment team with sourcing of investment opportunities through systematic engagement with entrepreneurs and key partners such as early-stage investment funds, accelerators, and other ecosystem players
- Conduct market research, company mapping, and competitive analysis within key fintech sub-sectors and target markets
- Support the investment team in evaluating investment opportunities, preparing pre-screening materials and analyses
- Develop financial models to project company performance, market size, investment returns and valuations
- Support the Quona team in operational initiatives, such a pipeline management and knowledge capturing / sharing
- Analyze performance of the portfolio, and assist with regular reporting of portfolio performance to investors and development of other LP facing collateral
- Support portfolio companies and value-add initiatives (i.e., conduct research to facilitate strategic discussions and decision-making, participate in operational sprints, and work with the Quona Platform team)
- Enthusiasm for technology, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution with excellent academic performance
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced team that is geographically dispersed
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
- Fluency in English as well as in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (not Required)
- Experience in investment banking, consulting, or principal investing, preferably focused on financial services/technology; and/or technology/operations/product experience at a fintech company
- Existing network or work experience in startup/venture ecosystems in Latin America
- Flexibility to travel 10-20% of the time (when safe / when not inhibited by COVID-19)
- Ability to quickly identify and analyze the key questions, risks or upsides to an investment
- Competitive salary and benefits for Mexico
Show moreShow less
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Requisition ID: 40803 Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respe [...]
AboSFIS is the world's largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologieS empowers tnancial world with payment processing and banking , including software, services and technology [...]
Software Quality Assurance Analyst en Distrito Federal. For the Mexico City offices of our regional client (www.idc.com) we are looking for passionate and creative individual to help us shape how we t [...]
General Duties & ResponsibilitiesMonitor support quer user base numbering in the thousands of users Fulfill system access requesr users of the platform, including coordinating communications with user [...]