What do you get to do in this position?
The Project Specialist supports improvement projects related to QVE (quality value engineering) within North American Strategic Projects Team. S/he is Responsible for establishing project benefits (savings and project expenses), ensuring technical project feasibility, provide project management support during early project development and purchasing support for QVE projects. The Project Specialist must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically disbursed project environment.
- Manage QVE project scoping, specifically:
- Ensure accurate estimation of savings & project expenses
- Complete RFP process, including part price negotiation and supplier selection, in alignment with commodity teams
- Establish technical feasibility of project
- Prepare Project Charter and Project Request document
- Present project for approval and resourcing
- Meet idea timing and budget targets.
- Collaborate in QVE Workshops (Pre-work, during and post workshop)
As Strategic projects team is also responsible for supplier changes and other strategic projects, this position may be called upon to support non-QVE projects from time to time as required by the business.
This job might be for you if
You fit the following Requirements:
EDUCATION - MINIMUM REQUIRED
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering
- MBA in International Business / Engineering / Supply Chain is a plus
EXPERIENCE - MINIMUM REQUIRED
- Minimum 2- 5 years of Purchasing experience in a project management environment, within a Purchasing/Sourcing team of a Multinational corporation
- Strong experience in Purchasing tools (TCO, Should Cost, RM Indexation) Supplier qualification/selection, request for proposal, negotiations, contract or formal supply agreement execution
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Spoken and written fluent communication in English
- Project management skills
- Leadership skills, proactive, dynamic
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Cross cultural awareness
- Capability of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Communication (written - ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally as well as externally)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Presentation and report generation skills to project, BU/LoB, or corporate senior management
- At ease with IT tools (MS Office products, e-mail, web enabled tools and processes)
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- The position is located at Monterrey
Regional travel in North America can be frequent (15-20%)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Descripción Descripción El Centro de Ingeniería de NAVISTAR busca estudiantes entusiastas, responsables, con mucho interés por desarrollarse en el área de diseño y verificación de software em [...]
Descripción Empresa de soluciones integrales de mantenimiento y suministro de equipos para respaldo, calidad y ahorro de energía, ubicada en Apodaca, solicita: Vendedor para Residencial y Comerci [...]
Descripción En Grupo Autopolis estámos buscando un Coordinador de Digital Requisitos: - Experiencia en Marketing en Agencia Automotriz. - Experiencia en Manejo de Redes Sociales. - Desa [...]
Descripción Whirlpool solicita: Técnico en Seguridad Industrial Descripción: Asegurar la implementación, ejecución y sostenimiento de los controles operacionales de EHS Principales Func [...]