Install, update, administer and debug Mainframe IMS software and associated IMS products for z/OS. Perform changes within Company regulations and security standards. Assist with testing, implementation, and installation of new/improved systems, as well as product upgrades. Attend meetings and interact regularly with management, team, and clients to continuously improve services. Participate in On-Call rotation schedule.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree/technical certification in Computer Science and 8 years of IMS systems engineering experience.
- Installation, maintenance, problem diagnosis and administration for Mainframe IMS software and tools for z/OS.
- Knowledge of IMS performance management, tuning, including all startup parameters and pools.
- Knowledge of IMS DB and basic knowledge of DL/I.
- Knowledge and understanding of isolation levels, locking methods and database concurrence.
- JES2/JES3, JCL, TSO/E, ISPF, and SMP/E experience.
- Knowledge of IMS Internals and control blocks.
- Knowledge/experience with generating an IMS sub-system, known as Sysgen.
- Knowledge of Fast Path Implementation
- Knowledge of IMS Common Service Layer
- Knowledge/experience with OLC, Online Change.
- Knowledge of ETO, Extended Terminal Option.
- Knowledge of IMS Database recovery techniques, DBRC
- Knowledge of IMS Library Integrity Utilities
- Knowledge of IMS Connectivity facilities (TCPIP, SNA, Java, Web services)
- Knowledge of IMS RRS, Resource Recovery Service
- Knowledge and experience with IMS Disaster Recovery Techniques
- Knowledge of IPCS with IMS
- Knowledge of debugging IMS transaction and system dumps and reading IMS traces
- Knowledge of SMF and RMF
- Knowledge of UNIX System Services and HFS
- Knowledge of Assembly Language (IMS exits)
- Knowledge of SAF and interfaces for either Top Secret, ACF2 or RACF
- Basic working knowledge of Networking SNA and TCP/IP concepts
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- HTTP, JAVA J2EE, C#, HTML, REXX, COBOL, DB2, ADABAS, IDMS, and IDEAL experience.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Join our Secret squad! We're looking for a talented writer to create brilliant articles, in Mexican Spanish, about culture, entertainment, food & drink, and things to do in Mexico City. About Us [...]
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manuf [...]
Job Description As Intel's Brand, Creative and Media Specialist, you will be responsible for deploying Intel's brand narrative in the country. As Intel's storyteller and content strategist, you [...]
Grupo líder y pionero a nivel mundial en la industria automotriz con más de 120 años y presencia en más de 200 países. Solicita: APPLICATION DEVELOPER AND PROJECT MANAGER JR Objetivo: Ser u [...]