Thermo Fisher Scientific
Apodaca, N. L.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Plastics Tooling Engineer you will work in a new product development environment that develops a wide variety of plastic labware products from concept to launch.
Your ideas will bring new products to life as you collaborate with other design engineers, process development engineers and project leaders to develop plastic products for life science, medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product markets.
Make an impact for your career, our customers and the world with this exciting opportunity for a talented engineer. Collaborate with others like you to drive innovation, implement new design technology and develop best engineering practices in a growing organization.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Partner with Great Coworkers: You will participate on cross functional project teams to lead planning and execution of tool procurement activities, from concept to product launch. Support centralized tool procurement activities across global sites as required.
- Tooling Design: Review product designs for manufacturability (DFM) to determine tooling risks and options. Design reviews and evaluation of 3D models and 2D drawings for new and existing products. Review product design, mold specifications and development plans with appropriate mold makers, contract manufacturers, prototyping services, equipment or other service suppliers.
- Tooling Development: Responsible for developing tool specifications and standards. Apply scientific molding process and process simulation for robust construction and performance. Drive and support implementation of standard work for procurement. Develop project capital cost requirements and appropriation requests. Develop new Mold and Tooling vendors.
- Verification and validation: Drive and support factory and site acceptance trials, including installation, operational and process qualification activities to ensure process verification and validation of molds, equipment and processes.
- Develop Engineering Standards: Create and use engineering design guides and standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Plastics Engineering or related field or relevant equivalent experience (8 years in mold design / procurement and plastics processing experience).
- Extensive tooling experience with injection molding is required. Experience with Injection Blow, Injection Stretch Blow and Extrusion Blow Mold tooling preferred.
- Proficiency in Solidworks and understanding of Flow Analysis tools.
- Experience with plastic materials, processing and scientific molding practices.
- Excellent technical skills including project management, organization, planning and capital budgets relating to mold procurement and verification.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving and data analysis methods.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), various CAD programs.
- Previous experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), ISO standards and Lean Manufacturing concepts desired.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10% of the time).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative, innovative and critical thinking
- Analytical nature, responds positively to challenges and a problem solver
- Responsive, results oriented and task driven
- Seeks out collaboration opportunities
- Effective oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Apodaca, N. L. $35,000 - $45,000 al mes Empresa Lider en el Ramo Plastico solicita: Gerente de Calidad Requisitos: - Titulado en Ingeniería o Licenciatura afín. - Inglés avanzado (90%) - [...]
Apodaca, N. L. $35,000 - $45,000 al mes Empresa Líder en su ramo solicita: Gerente de Sistemas Requisitos: - Ingeniería en Sistemas Computacionales o Afín. - Ingles Intermedio-Avanzado - [...]
- Gana más de $10,000 al mes **** BUSCAMOS A LOS MEJORES NEGOCIANDO **** RECIBIRÁS COMISIONES SIN TOPE + SUELDO BASE + Tablet + Incentivos a nivel de sucursal + IMSS + INFONAVIT + Aguinaldo + [...]
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the [...]