There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Test Design Engineer
Primary Location: Mexico (MX) - Coahuila (MX-COA) - Torreon
Function: Product Engineering
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company’s portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it’s been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company’s 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere’s ongoing investment in emerging markets.
- 1. Solicit and capture requirements directly from customers with assistance from others. Review and provide proper feedback about the requirements.
- 2. Create and review innovative HW/SW testing architectures and designs for challenging problems with support from supervisor. This includes breaking the original requirements down into the proper high level and mid range architecture and then creating detailed design notes from the results.
- 3. Perform analysis and make recommendations and design decisions based on results with assistance from others. Review the design calculations of others to ensure proper application of design techniques, expected values and tolerances.
- 4. Implement code with basic usage of Labview development practices and tools. Solve most tool suite set up problems. Solve integration issues that involve multiple code modules, code bases, and/or multiple developers. Critically review others' code.
- 5. Perform basic unit, integration, and systems verification and validation testing using HW/SW tools. Review others testing strategies and suggest additional test cases.
- 6. Employ basic troubleshooting strategies; determine root cause with support from others and provide support in troubleshooting.
- 7. Review documentation produced during the Product Development Lifecycle that is generated by other engineering groups and verifies this documentation is sufficient for product design. Generate support documents as needed.
- 8. Work closely with other project team members as needed to ensure the final combined product has compatible software, electronic hardware, and mechanical hardware which functions properly together and performs at levels specified in the test requirement or specifications.
- 9. Travel as needed to accomplish the tasks required of this position, including meeting with customers to generate and/or revise concepts and product requirements, installing and testing prototypes, and troubleshooting and correcting improper operation of products designed.
- 10. Availabilty to travel up to 10%.
What Skills You Need:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in SW development (C, C++, XML, etc.).
- 0 to 2 years of experience in Labview or other NI programming languages.
- 0 to 2 Experience with basic controls, and Data Acquisition systems (DAQ).
- Technical knowledge to use and understand schematics, and HW analysis software (Pspice, MathCAD).
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (SPC, GR&R;, Monte Carlo, etc.).
- Experience with development and debugging tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.).
- Experience with basic electronics HW and systems (i.e. Op Amp, FET's, Transistors, A/D converters, serial and parallel interfaces, etc.).
- Good written and verbal communications skills (English).
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with communication protocols (i.e. CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, USB, etc.).
- Understanding of product development phases.
- Labview knowledge.
- MathCAD, Orcad, Pspice experience.
- J1939 / ISO11783.
- Experience with basic machine control.
- Experience with CMMI, ISO or other mature development models.
- Electronics testing experience.
Education (or equivalent experience): Minimum B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
John Deere-a proven business leader- watch your potential grow.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Candidates must have the necessary work permits to work in the country.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
- Trabice / Estafeta Solicitamos: :::CHOFER FULL 5ta RUEDA::: Zona de Trabajo... TORREÓN, COAH. Contratación directa por la Empresa Estafeta Requisitos: • 2 años mínimos de experi [...]
- OBJETIVOS DEL PUESTO: Garantizar la integridad en el manejo de valores de las unidades de negocio a su cargo haciendo cumplir las políticas y controles establecidos en la Empresa, así como ase [...]
- Trabice / Estafeta Solicitamos: OPERADOR FULL 5ta RUEDA Zona de Trabajo... TORREÓN, COAH. Contratación directa por la Empresa Estafeta Requisitos: • 2 años mínimos de experienci [...]
- REQUERIMOS: Preparatoria concluida Experiencia en el área de almacén y/o embarques (registrar entradas y salidas en sistema, acomodo de material, surtir pedidos, conteos cíclicos e inventar [...]