Monterrey, N. L.
The Programme Associate would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/region programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Programme Associate. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed by the operational context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information,
monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The incumbent will have to establish good working relationships with their peers at country level to facilitate the collection of information and other programme management related activities.
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR�s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Support the assessment and analysis of the needs of persons of concern in the country/region in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis for planning.
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities related to programme management if applicable.
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide support to the field with technical advice to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Support the implementation and performance of partnership agreements through field visits and appropriate physical monitoring if applicable, reviewing performance and financial reports.
- Support the development and implementation of MFT monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Contribute to the review and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports of the different UNHCR offices, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis.
- Follow up on any change in regards to alignment of results chain, verifying indicators, budget, prioritization, apportioning needed to measure programme performance, trends and target interventions, contributing to soundness of Operations Plan and enhancement of data quality.
- Follow up with UNHCR offices the compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits.
- Provide support to the field through technical advice and training on resource allocation processes and other programmatic issues.
- Use UNHCR�s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Support UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contributing to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other duties as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in International Law, International Relations or related fields required.
- Job Experience: 6 years relevant experience with High school diploma plus Advanced Training/Certificate
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- (In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
- Demonstrated experience in programme management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes. Knowledge of Results Based-Management. Computer skills (in MS office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc.)
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to function of the position including Programme Management � Level 1. E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Learning Programme. Experience in programme management training and capacity building activities.
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Monterrey, N. L. Organizational Context The Programme Associate would normally receive guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation/bureau/division. S/he may receive indirect guidance [...]
Tapachula, Chis. Organizational Context UNHCR�s mandate is to provide International Protection and seek durable solutions for refugees and stateless persons. During the last years, UNHCR has ide [...]
Tenosique de Pino Suárez, Tab. Organizational Context The position is supervised by the Head of Office or Programme Officer while the CBI Officer in Mexico City provides the incumbent with general [...]
Torreón, Coah. Organizational Context La Oficina del Alto Comisionado de las Naciones Unidas para los Refugiados (ACNUR) tiene como Mandato la Protecci�n Internacional y la b�squeda de solucion [...]