Network Consulting Engineer - SIO (Software Integration and Orchestration)
Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Customer Service
Level of Experience: Experienced – Non Manager
Requisition #: R1011674
Software Integration and Orchestration – Cloud Engineer
The Business Entity
Cisco Advanced Services ( AS ) is an award winning organization that functions
as the competitive differentiator for Cisco’s customers to solve their
toughest challenges by delivering customer specific business solutions. AS’s
Global delivery centers ( GDCs ) in Bangalore, RTP, Dalian, Krakow and Mexico
act as delivery hubs to drive delivery scale, innovation and quality while
local teams focus on business growth and outcomes. GDC’s highly technical,
global resources support customer engagements in all regions acting as a
seamless delivery partner to AS practice and regional teams. These
capabilities expand Cisco’s technical reach across all Cisco architectures – Route & Swtich, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Cloud, Mobility,
Video, NGN and OSS.
The CITT – Unified Infrastructure & Cloud team in Bangalore GDC focusses on
Cloud solutions and technologies to help customers Plan, build, deploy and
optimize the most robust, scalable and innovative IT infra using Cisco’s
products and technologies. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with
challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to
deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a seasoned
mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you’re well
positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term
relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance
your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution transitions and
Cisco’s Software Integration and Orchestration Services team is one of the
highest growth areas at Cisco. Focused on the management and automation of
customer’s private, public and hybrid clouds, consultants work with some of
the largest and thought-leading customers in the world.
This Professional Services group helps architect and prototype solutions,
leads implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on the market-
leading CiscoONE Enterprise Cloud Suite.
Role & Responsibilities
Cloud Automation Consultant will report directly into the Global Delivery
Center in Mexico with primary responsibility for the design, integration,
customization and delivery of Cisco products like UCS Director and InterCloud
* The position will work best for an individual who has a good understanding of Cloud Computing framework (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and deployment models
* This position requires significant customer interaction including on-site delivery for POCs, Production-Pilots and Production deployments. There is a need for travel of up to 50% per year – though travel will vary depending on the project.
Assist in requirement identification, scoping designing, and implementing of
projects, to manage on-time delivery of Integration and Customization
solutions for Cisco’s customers.
As a hands-on developer, implement and deploy software solutions that meet the
Specific responsibilities include:
* Install and deploy the Cisco products and solution components
* Integrate to external applications like OpenStack, Remedy, CA Unicenter, ServiceNow, VMware vCenter
* Test and debug these solutions
* Perform systems administration activities such as performance tuning, data management, advanced troubleshooting, etc.
* Transfer knowledge of implemented software and processes to customer in hands-on sessions, and by creating customer-facing documentation
* Comprehend and explain complex technical issues and present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* Adhere to company established implementation methodologies, best practices and quality standards.
* Maintain effective working relationships with assigned customers and project managers.
* Effectively work independently or as part of a team to define scope and implement solutions for clients.
* Facilitate meetings with clients to identify user requirements, resolve issues and define dynamic action plans.
* B.S or equivalent degree ( / preferred)
* Strong Unix / Linux / Virtualization Skills (VMware / Microsoft / OpenStack)
* At least 3+ years’ experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, in technical pre-sales, preferably with an Internet, Cloud and or Service Provider
* Comfortable understanding, explaining, exploring 3rd party APIs for integration/consumption and troubleshooting
* Understand overall Cisco Data Center and virtualization technologies including Cisco Unified Fabric (Nexus series switches), Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), SAN and partner technologies such as Microsoft, VMware, EMC and NetApp
* Experience in cloud orchestration and automation tools
* Understanding of customer Data Center operational models including Applications, Compute, Networking and storage and how these are tied together
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of programming concepts and technical competence in
* Perl, UNIX shell scripting,
* Python, PowerShell, or VMware CLI,
* RDBMS experience with Oracle or SQL Server.
The following skills would also contribute to the success in this position:
* Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization
* Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts
* Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including HA/DR, Partitioning and Lights-out Management
* Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards ( SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
* Knowledge of L2/L3 topology design and protocol implementation.
* Familiar with Web Server configurations (IIS, Apache, IBM HTTP Server).
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco
and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and
have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams
that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security,
IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco
delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the
unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary
ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to
public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded
innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global
recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
ÚNETE GRAN APERTURA ITALIANNIS MUNDO E
de Busqueda reservada en Estado de Mexico
Encargado de Marketing
de Empresa en Distrito Federal
Ayudante de oficina medio tiempo
de Busqueda reservada en Distrito Federal
Coordinador de Mantenimiento de Sucursales Torreón
de Busqueda reservada en Coahuila
SUPERVISOR DE SEGURIDAD E HIGIENE
de Confidencial en Puebla
de Busqueda reservada en Jalisco
Encargado de Marketing
de Confidencial en Distrito Federal
International Seagoing Opportunities
de Empresa Reservada en Baja California