LA Field Service Engineer - Inspection Technologies Job
Job Number: #
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry
with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services,
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by
speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title: LA Field Service Engineer – Inspection Technologies
Career Level: Experienced
State, China or Canada Provinces:
City: Mexico City, Monterrey, Cd del Carmen, Villa Hermosa, Veracruz
Postal Code: 01389
Relocation Assistance: No
– The Field Service Engineer will provide services that will range in scope
from performing installations, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and
calibration of GE Inspection Technologies Testing Machines and Standard X-ray,
Digital and Phoenix hardware at GE and customer locations.
– Install, maintain, and repair industrial XR Equipment, including:
computers, servers, complex software applications, ultrasound computed
systems, coolers, stepper motors/controllers, power supplies, high voltage
control circuits, generators, image intensifiers and high-end PC’s with high
– Participate on Customer Acceptance Tests and final assembly of new
equipment at the factories to be knowledgeable of the equipment specifics.
– Provide customers with technical support via phone and onsite service.
– Identify problems, take initiative to eliminate those problems and maintain
ownership through customer satisfaction.
– Timely completion of standard service reports, invoicing packages, and
other administrative requirements.
– Responsible for driving customer satisfaction from commitment through
quality service standards.
– Support the business growth initiatives.
– Make decisions based on business impact, technical data, and customer
– Assure site work is executed in accordance with the cost allocations that
are budgeted, including direct cost and labor hour management.
– Monitor site safety during work scope execution.
– Possess 5 year technical degree with +5 yrs experience in electronics with
5-7 yrs experience in XR or complex electronic equipment, PLC and industrial
service/repairs or equivalent military experience and training as determined
by the Service Manager.
– Fluent in English. Must be able to attend technical training in English
with high percentage of understanding.
– At least 5 years of experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical,
electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
– Successful applicants will be well versed in diagnosing electronic hardware
problems, mechanical problems with CNC table, software troubleshooting in a
– Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write
English, Intermediate math skills. Fluent in Spanish or German a plus, but not
– As part of the development program the Successful candidate will have to
spend an extended period of training in Germany.
– Strong Computer skills with familiarity of MS Office products, data
analysis, word processing, spreadsheets, and email as well as company specific
software like Rhythm™.
– Able to read/understand schematics and use oscilloscopes/digital multi-
– Fundamental electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. “Hands-
– Strong background in PC repair(hardware & software), working knowledge with
– Candidate must be willing to submit to a background investigation,
including for example: verification of past employment, criminal history,
driving record and educational background.
– Possess a valid driver’s license and passport (or able to obtain a
– Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work
independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
– Ability to set and meet aggressive targets.
Fluent in English and Spanish
– Overnight Travel: Approximately 40 to 80 percent. In Front of Customer: 75
– Regular support to countries within Latin America
– Willingness to work flexible hours and some weekends required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Extensive electronics background and strong mechanical/electro-mechanical
– Shares Expertise: Develops, applies, and shares job knowledge and technical
expertise through continual professional development.
– Organizing & Executing: Focuses, monitors, and maintains high standards for
quality, customer needs, and satisfaction. Takes initiative, acts with
confidence, and executes in a systematic way. Takes responsibility for actions
and people and consistently achieves project goals.
– Communicating: Expresses opinions, information and key points of an
argument clearly and fluently. Makes presentations and undertakes public
speaking with skill and confidence, projecting credibility.
– Supporting & Cooperating: Adapts to the team and builds team spirit by
supporting, listening and consulting others. Follows procedures, policies, and
instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Complies
with legal obligations and safety requirements.
GUARDIAS INDUSTRIALES SE SOLICITAN EN QUERETARO
de Empresa en Queretaro
Asesor Financiero AFORE
de Confidencial en Distrito Federal
Personal con experiencia en tintorerias y / o lavanderias
de Sociedad anónima en Distrito Federal
CONSULTORES IMSS INFONAVIT
de Empresa en Distrito Federal
Asistente de Dirección y Publicidad
de Busqueda reservada en Distrito Federal
MS Delivery Manager
de Busqueda reservada en Estado de Mexico
ENC. FLUJO DE INFORMACIÓN TI
de Confidencial en Estado de Mexico
de Empresa en Estado de Mexico