Land and Community Relations Specialist
Land and Community Relations Specialist
Reference Code: 24661
Natural Gas Pipelines
Mexico (MX) – Los Mochis, Sinaloa
Role: MX Operations Tech C
Job Category: Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: Domestic Only
The role involves coordinating land and community relations related to
operational and maintenance matters for a geographic area. The role may
participate in capital projects by coordinating or directly acquiring land
rights for projects and resolving land-related issues according to applicable
company procedures and regulatory, legislative, contractual and financial
obligations. The position works as a knowledge and practice expert with
internal clients and affected parties such as landowners, landowner/industry
associations and regulatory bodies, in executing public awareness/consent
programs, as well as resolving escalated land-related issues.
Extensive vehicle travel and short stays away from home are required to
service the area of responsibility.
*This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance within Mexico.
* Reports directly to the Sinaloa Operations and Maintenance Supervisor with technical guidance from the CS&E; Supervisor and/or Business Analists of the respective area;
* Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all aspects related to the Rights of Way in his/her assigned section of the route;
* Actively takes part in the Right of Way problem analysis and solution. Supervises that all the procedures, regulations, laws and contractual & financial obligations related to the Right of Way acquisition are met;
* Acquiring permits and land rights, as necessary, in support of operational and maintenance programs or other projects, as directed;
* In special instances, the Land and Community Relations Specialist will be directly involved in the negotiations with the property owners, private organizations, Government or in any other kind of land allocation;
* Actively attending landowner and community post-construction claims;
* Building and maintaining relationships with ejido’s and indigenous communities of strategic interest to TC and providing advice in maintaining and enhancing relations;
* The Land and Community Relations Specialist supports and implements the work of community relations and damage prevention education. Participates in the development and implementation of the Regional Integrated Public Awareness Plan;
* Prepares weekly and monthly progress, Right of Way expenditure and problem reports to discuss with the Area Operations Facilities Maintenance Manager and CSE Supervisor;
* Identifies problems that could affect job performance and suggests solution strategies;
* Supports the Engineering and Construction Services Teams;
* Constantly monitors the schedule progress and makes the necessary adjustments to ensure goal achievement;
* Oversees the creation of the property owner census, construction permission acquisition, file organization, land registration, etc.;
* Supervises plans, coordinates and inspects the work of the legal staff, drawing technicians, topographical crews, file organization and databases assigned to the office;
* At all times, coordinates and provides field support to the Field Operations team, by making all the necessary visits to the different workplaces;
* Controls, supervises and verifies the information generated in the field;
* Managing costs and accurately documenting transactions and communications;
* Maintaining landowner and community data for area of responsibility, including updating the Land Owner Database as required;
* Collaborate with Compliance to ensure that Land Owner Files are completed;
* Follow up pending files, procedures, final letters, etc. of Land Owner Files;
* Manages conflict with the stakeholders and creates solution strategies;
* Provides ongoing advice to Field Operations, with regard to negotiations;
* Responding to, and resolving issues resulting from, emergency incidents and issues;
* Manages with supervisors the authorization to solve exceptional cases;
* Constantly supervises the negotiations and gets involved, if necessary;
* Permanently coordinates with the Legal Area, issues regarding listings and registration with the various agencies;
* Identifying potential risks on programs and projects;
* According with the terms, deadlines and procedures established by TransCanada, processes fund requests to pay for compensations.
Qualifications and Education:
Qualifications and Abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) as well as the ability to
participate effectively in a dynamic team environment;
* Aptitude for dealing with stressful situations and conflict, with demonstrated conflict resolution
* Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for Land, and the ability
* Sound analytical and interpretive skills and demonstrated problem-solving skills using sound
* Strong multi-tasking ability;
* Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
* Customer service focus and interest in delivering results in a timely and efficient manner;
* Must be able to travel throughout area of responsibility.
* Minimum of 4 to 5 years of related industry experience in progressively responsible positions;
* University degree or diploma in Land, Municipal Studies, Land Use Planning, or Agriculture is
preferred (an equivalent combination of experience and other post-secondary
education may be
* Detailed knowledge of the regulatory regime required;
* Proven experience and ability to lead land negotiations;
* In-depth knowledge of the execution of land practices and processes in the Mexican pipeline industries.
Please note: This position requires the candidate to:
– Have and maintain a valid driver’s license;
*Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate
may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Some positions may require background screening, including criminal and/or
credit checks, in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 10/04/2016. Only applications submitted
through TransCanada’s internal Careers site will be acknowledged.
Direct inquiries related to this posting to:
Hiring Leader: Miguel Ruben Hernandez Castillo
Recruitment Consultant: Andre Benjamin Espinosa Lopez
Consistent with our employment practices, TransCanada reserves the right to
consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Coordinador de ventas
de Red Consultores en Puebla
de Distribuidora Internacional de equipos DG S. A. de C.V. en Veracruz
Asesor de Ventas
de ENLACE LABORAL en Distrito Federal
de Doctor Empresa S.C. en Distrito Federal
Guardia de seguridad
de Fetasa Mexicali en Baja California
Ayudante Técnico Sin experiencia(1/2 Tiempo–Centro)
de Orión Integración, Desarrollo y Talento S.A. de C.V. en Distrito Federal
Encargado de Mantenimiento
de GRUPO ANDERSON´S en Distrito Federal
Olive Garden Polanco // Labores de Cocina //
de CMR en Distrito Federal