Generator oOEM Expert Engineer Job
Job Number: #
Business: GE Power
Power Power Services
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry
with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services,
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by
speaking the language of industry.
GE looks for innovation everywhere. For 130 years, GE has been at the
forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world’s biggest problems
has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an
essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working
for GE Power is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing! GE
offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging
careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Posted Position Title: Generator oOEM Expert Engineer
Career Level: Experienced
State, China or Canada Provinces:
City: Monterrey, Querétaro, Morelia
Postal Code: 66215
Relocation Assistance: No
Role Summary/Purpose: The oOEM Engineer will be responsible for supporting
MVS/oOEM Engineering in a readiness to serve capacity to facilitate mitigation
of emergent issues coming from oOEM fleet of industrial equipment. In this
role, the Engineer will coordinate with various teams (Product Line, Product
Sales, Design Engineering, etc.) to engineer and develop proposals, provide
support to site execution team and act as a liaison for engineering questions
that enable safe and productive mitigation of emergent issues.
Essential Responsibilities: The role requires regular collaboration with
regional quality, productivity leaders, Local Shops and customers at power
plant sites globally to identify optimum solutions for the emergent issues.
You will have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
As the Generator oOEM Engineer, you will:
For ITO Support (Tendering). Service/Repair/Solution Package
– Expedited On site Visit. Travel to customer sites in Latin America in order
to quickly assess the technical problem and pull other engineering resources
– First Scope Definition. Identify general scope elements in order to provide
it as input for the tendering engineering process.
– Fast on-site solution. Understand Standard Fast on-site solutions
predesigned by GE in order to present to customer while on site in local
language (Towards reducing plant down time).
– Factual findings. Identify first findings key to develop technical proposal
in order to communicate to GE organization appropriately
– Emergency. Provide support as liaison engineer during tendering process
between region and global P&L; Engineering Structure.
For OTR Support. During project execution
– Engineering Project Management. Provide local engineering support to Local
Service Shops in the region according to the scope defined for the specific
– Liaison for Engineering Requests (ER’s) to Product Line/Product
Services/Plant Support Center. Serve as liaison engineer for technical
operational support in the region between site/shop and Global Product Line
engineering organization. Local support to expedite Root Cause Analysis.
For General Duties
– Provide customer insights to product line (Engineering/Business). Identify
customer/Technology fleet challenges and/or behavior in order to provide
feedback to the global Product Lines and help to expedite response.
– Understand customer KPI’s and drive engineering support based on that. Help
to identify customer KPI’s during any phase of engineering support and provide
feedback to the engineering organization in order to make sure the engineering
actions are addressing customer needs.
– Understand Regional Dynamics within the technology. Identify technology
challenges and provide feedback to the global Product Lines.
– Provide Engineering Support to Customer Support Engineering Leaders. Serve
as first engineering link for customer support engineering leaders within the
– Sole responsibility across organization of cross functional projects or
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electric Power Engineering or any other related
engineering degree from an accredited university or college with minimum of 10
years of professional experience valuable for the position.
– Minimum of 10 years of experience in repair engineering, field engineering,
product service, power generation product engineering or related functions
within the power generation industry
– Proven experience in Siemens or Mitsubishi generator technology
– Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to customer sites
and GE Shops to enable work execution
– Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
– Must be able to maintain a normal day-to-day fluid conversation on any
topic with few mistakes (mistakes that will not affect getting the message
through). Must have fluency and rhythm and sufficient self-confidence in the
language to be able to handle meetings and conversations.
– Presentation Skills: ability to communicate with Senior Leadership and
– Green Belt certification within 1 year of hire date / Green Belt certified
(GE internal applicants)
– Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions.
– Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments.
– Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives
– Demonstrated ability in influencing and influence team’s long term vision
– Be recognized as an expert in the technical field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– MSc Degree in Electrical Power engineering from accredited university
– Wide experience in Siemens, Ansaldo, Brush and Mitsubishi Generator
– Domain expertise in power services and equipment for Non-GE Generator, and
Generator accessory systems.
– Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
– Strong communication skills & confidence with executive presentations;
ability to communicate with colleagues & customers at all levels
– Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills that can energize teams through
inclusiveness and connection with people; possesses strong team building
skills to promote positive morale
– Understands business objectives and drives specific tasks required to meet
– Knowledge and understanding of GE’s and competitors products’ capabilities
and limitations in sufficient detail to be able to develop offerings that meet
internal and external customer needs
– Measures processes and performance through the customer’s eyes
– Black Belt / Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
– GE Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP), Operations Management
Leadership Program (OML), or other leadership program graduate (GE Employees
– Strong Analytical skills and technical aptitude
– Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to lead projects, of
cross- functional nature, with demonstrated ability to completion and closure
– Ability to work well with teams and communicate requests and requirements
Coordinador de ventas
de Red Consultores en Puebla
de Distribuidora Internacional de equipos DG S. A. de C.V. en Veracruz
Asesor de Ventas
de ENLACE LABORAL en Distrito Federal
de Doctor Empresa S.C. en Distrito Federal
Guardia de seguridad
de Fetasa Mexicali en Baja California
Ayudante Técnico Sin experiencia(1/2 Tiempo–Centro)
de Orión Integración, Desarrollo y Talento S.A. de C.V. en Distrito Federal
Encargado de Mantenimiento
de GRUPO ANDERSON´S en Distrito Federal
Olive Garden Polanco // Labores de Cocina //
de CMR en Distrito Federal