Senior Legal Counsel Job
Requisition ID: #
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of
all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office
to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to
mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more
efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the
competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate
profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This role can be based in any Latin America Subsidary.
Under the supervision of the Regional General Counsel, the Senior Legal
(1) Legal and Contractual support to all Ecosystem and Channel business line
of business in “LAC” (Latin America and the Caribbean);
(2) Manage and Execute contract localization and documentation readiness for
Ecosystem and Channel business, including the rollout of new business models
and updates, upsell to existing;
(3) Training and Coordination of legal assistance with local resources,
enabling them to assist the Ecosystem and Channel organization in the
negotiating and closing of complex deals based on commercial licensing and
(4) Manage negotiations and disputes with partners on different matters, from
collection to restructuring new agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Contracts Negotiation, Drafting and Analysis of: Master Reselling
Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Co-development Agreements, Non Disclosure
Agreements, Sales/Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements,
Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements for resellers, alliances, etc.
· Provide training across the different channel partnership
stakeholders in order to integrate and facilitate deal processing and closing
under the corporate governances in place.
· Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters.
Facilitate deal closure by interacting between company employees and
customers, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations
· Provide redlined recommendations and negotiate directly with
partners, customer attorneys or customer staff
· Operate and manage documents thru different systems and databases
· Seasoned professional with law degree from prestige law school
· Five years of experience in top companies and/or major law firms
· Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese
· Team player with skills to proactively reach out to provide support
· Experience with drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
· Experience with cloud based licensing transactions (data privacy,
· Knowledge of financial implications on business and revenue
· Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to analyze
legal issues and then apply it to business needs.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism,
integrity and collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal
· The initiative to address problems and make continuous process
· Responsible for handling a variety of complex assigned legal
projects within the Legal department.
· Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand
specific needs or requirements skills/knowledge.
· Collaborate in team providing functional advice and training to
other field legal colleagues.
· Lead complex legal matters including working with management in the
creation of defense strategies and/or proactive strategies regarding major
· Negotiates and advise on contracts, new business ventures and
· Develops solutions for difficult, complex, and systemic
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its
diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the
unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and
are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or
to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to
Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmericasap or
Careers.LatinAmericasap, APJ: Careers.APJsap, EMEA: careerssap). Requests for
reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
de Grupo Liber en Jalisco
Atención a Clientes Tiempo Completo Digitex Legaria
de Digitex en Distrito Federal
de UVA producciones en Distrito Federal
de DISTRIBUIDORA Y COMERCIALIZADORA HALCON SA DE CV en Distrito Federal
Ingeniería en sistemas
de Enlace Laboral en Distrito Federal
Gerente Operativo experiencia en Retail
de Human Capital Group en Distrito Federal
EJECUTIVA COMERCIAL -SECTOR SALUD-
de CONECTA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS en Distrito Federal
Ingeniero Químico Ambiental
de PAE en Queretaro